Reiki Energy Healing
Reiki is a natural method of healing that involves channelling energy through the hands. Its name comes from two Japanese characters--"Rei"meaning "universal," and "Ki'" meaning vital, or life force energy . . . the consciousness of the universe that flows through every living thing.
Reiki was re-discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui after a 21-day fast and meditation on Mount Kurama in 1922. But the channelling of healing energy has been practiced for thousands of years.
Everyone can channel Reiki once they have received an attunement. Universal energy is all around us and flows through us. We receive it indirectly through sunlight, air, water and food. As children, we were probably all able to connect to this healing energy, but over time, with the stresses, uncertainties, emotional challenges and and our desire to fit in, our capacity to connect to the healing energy decreased. We have all experienced the power of touch to soothe, comfort and heal. Through the Reiki attunements, this connection is re-established, so that we have a direct link to the healing energy once more.
Reiki is a powerful tool for relaxation, decreasing anxiety and tension, and calming the mind as well as the body. It acts at all levels – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. It provides you with a means of doing something to help yourself – in all situations. It helps with your personal growth, but can also be shared with others. Reiki is about finding your own power and learning to trust--yourself, and also the Universe. Reiki can be administered in person or from a distanced, and can be shared with people, plants, animals, water, food, . . .
Reiki can help to:
• Heal yourself
• Develop your own inner knowledge
• Alleviate physical and emotional pain
• Decrease anxiety and tension
• Boost your immune response
• Feel more in control of your life
• Everyone has the ability to channel Reiki. It only has to be activated.
• The person receiving the Reiki treatment draws the amount of energy that he needs. Not his conscious mind, but a higher part which knows what is best for him. This part also decides how to use the Reiki.
• The person channelling the Reiki does not cure the person receiving the treatment. The person receiving the Reiki cures himself.
• Reiki energy is not directed by the person channelling the energy and cannot cause harm. It has an in-built protection against negative energies.
• Reiki can be given to people, animals, plants, food and water. Almost anything in fact.
• Reiki should not be shared with anyone without their knowledge and consent.
• Reiki energy can be sent at a distance, anywhere in the world.
• Reiki can be sent and programmed to arrive at a time in the future.
• There is a limitless source of universal energy. Reiki does not deplete the energy of the person channelling Reiki.
• Once the energy is flowing, you do not have to continue to concentrate. You can therefore give Reiki while talking, listening to music, watching the television, etc.
• A full Reiki treatment covers all the glands, organs and main energy centres of the body.
• Reiki acts at a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level.
Traditional Usui Reiki
1 hour / $150
Shamanic Reiki is rooted in a fluid integration of traditional Usui Reiki energy healing practices with the spiritual journeying practices of Shamanic Healing. During an online distance healing session, I place hands on (or above) symbolic aspects of your body and channel healing energy with the aim of relaxing, revitalizing, and releasing emotional energy blocks. I may also use rocks or crystals, chanting, sounds, and/or plants (i.e. burning sage, scattering herbs) to perform specific Shamanic techniques, such as soul retrieval, ancestral healing, locating and clearing problematic energy “intrusions,” and more.
In a traditional Reiki healing, we call upon source energy (God / the Universe) for healing. In contrast, Shamanic foundations are based on a non-hierarchical view that all life, not just human life, has consciousness. In shamanism, we believe (because we can experience it, see it, and feel it) that we can tap into Nature Spirits (river, sky, wind, plants, etc.) to call upon them to facilitate the healing. Because of its connection to nature and the Spirits, Shamanic Reiki often achieves a more intimate and more "targeted" type of healing.